Total Pageviews

Monday 20 December 2010

The First Outing Of Winter

Temperatures below zero, pitch black and the subtle reflection of the moon bouncing off the snow. Ideal conditions for some landscape photography? I think so!

Dad bought himself a Canon G11 yesterday and has been itching to try it out. So because I've missed the snow the past couple of years I though sod it, I'm desperate to take photos of the snow, so I asked dad last night if he fancied heading out to take photos first thing in the morning. He said ok.

Boy I'm glad I woke up.

When we first got into the car we were undecided as to where we were going. So after sitting in the car for about 10 or 15 minutes we decided on seeing whether the road up passed Betws-Y-Coed was clear. When we found it wasn't too bad we carried on going to Capel Currig and turned off for Beddgelert. The roads were clear and the snow in the fields were untouched by any sort of life form. Bliss.

After buying myself some Hama polarizing filters in the summer, I was really hoping to see how they'd cope with the glare of the snow. To be fair they coped a damn sight better than I though they would, considering their £19 price tag.

After we got as far as we could go and took few snaps there, we headed back and stopped in a lay by to see if there what any golden opportunities there. And indeed there was. We came across a river that was pretty much completely frozen (there will be a photo of the other side of the bridge we were standing on coming up in the end of the post) we got a couple of nice shots there. Unfortunately I was unable to get photos of the river in front of the bridge as a whole because the river was a little bit bigger than what my 18mm sigma could fit in.

So that's it really. The first photography outing I've had this winter and, to be honest, I really enjoyed it and it was good spending time with my ol' man. I'm going to put the pictures up now and stop boring you with my ramblings. So here they are. My favourite 5 photos from the shoot.


















































Just before I go I want to give a shout out to James Taylor at Outlaw Photography, Texas for being an absolute gem. I emailed him the other day thanking him for a blog of his I found online that has helped me and opened my eyes no end!!! If only all photographers where like him! The world would be a better place.

Check out his blog at

http://parttimephoto.com

Andrew.




- Andrew Cockerill Photography
andrewcockerillphotography@gmail.com



Location:Manod Rd,,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment