Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Bokeh

Okay one of my favorite backdrops for pretty much any portrait has definitely got to be bokeh. I attempted a couple of weeks ago when i did the "Shwgwr Plwm" shoot. In one of the photos the backdrop did have the desired effect but I wasn't happy at all with the level of light on the subject herself. Not long after I had the shoot I went to see a close friend of mine who has been doing photography since he was 16 and he told me a way to do it. All I got to do is slow sync the flash. The idea in this is the initial burst from the flash will light up the subject and if I have a shutter speed of about 1/2 a second or longer it will allow the lights in the background to 'bokeh'.

Here are some of my favorite examples:




















I cannot wait to get back out again and give this another go.

Andrew.

Location:Blaenau Ffestiniog,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment