Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Siwgwr Plwm Photoshoot And A Wee Update.

Okay. Now I'm really looking forward to Thursday's shoot. I've got some ideas in mind.

After seeing some photographs by one of my biggest influences, Everett Jelley, I've gone out and bought some christmas lights to try my own twist on his photo "Bubblegum Smile" The idea is to have the model roughly halfway between me and the lights in the background, and hopefully using depth of field the lights in the back will "Bokeh" and create a pretty interesting setting. This will be the first time really I've had a chance to properly experiment with lighting, it is definitely one thing that Jelley has inspired me to improve on. The lighting in nearly all his photos are shit hot. Its spot on and really makes the images pop. Plus experimenting with lighting is something I've always wanted to do but never had the chance to do so because of restricted space. Thursdays shoot really should be an experience.

So all in all everything is slowly falling into place. I'm getting more shoots, I've almost got enough money saved to buy myself a Canon 5D and my portfolio is starting to take place. I'm just waiting to hear now from the bride and groom of the wedding I took in September to see if I can use some of the images for samples and I got a couple of shoots lined up for the new year. Looks like 2011 will hopefully be a busier year!

Andrew

Location:Blaenau Ffestiniog,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment