Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 April 2011

Good Times Ahead? I Think So!!

I've been thinking a lot lately as to what direction I want to take my photography. And after a lot of YouTubing and a lot of flickr-er-ing (Does that make sense? Probably sounds better in my head) I've decided on giving the whole strobist style a whizz. I know it's mainstream and a lot of people do it now, but I really really do like the effect. And the whole versatility of basically carrying a couple of speedlites and a couple of umbrellas (if you want) and you can have a studio anywhere really does appeal to me. My Canon 430EX ii speedlite arrived this morning and I will be getting some triggers tomorrow (thanks to an absolute legend of a photograher from Colwyn Bay) and I will be away. You will not believe how excited I am!!! If you as well are thinking of trying out the strobist style I highly recommend you go to YouTube, search 'Strobist' and just watch the videos. There are sone fantastic and inspirational videos n there!!

So not much else has happened lately except for yesterday. A good friend of mine, photographer Ian O'Neill LRPS (he'd kill me if I forgot to put in those 4 letters), and we had the whole day shooting and, fair play to him, he taught me so much about studi photography!! Some of the photos from the day to be fair are absolutely fantastic, I have an image that will forever be in my portfolio, and a model who is very VERY happy with the photos for her portfolio.

This is the image I mentioned above:





Yeah. Definitely safe to say I'm impressed with this image! Who needs to spend £2000 on a camera!!!!!

Andrew.

Location:Blaenau Ffestiniog,United Kingdom

1 comment:

  1. If you're going to choose what style to shoot, always follow your heart. At the end of the day, if you earn money or not, it's still a hobby of yours and the main thing is to enjoy what you are doing! :)

    ReplyDelete